13 April 2011

Outside

You are the only thing I never knew I wanted
And I'm thinking that it's just not right
But you can change my mind; I leave it open
My heart on my sleeve, my head in my hands
They're there for you, if you seek them
Just search a little harder, little deeper
You're aiming for something on the surface that isn't there
It's not open to you, not yet; try harder
That's what they always tell me; run faster
But I'm shooting for the stars, and honestly
I think you're settling for the moon
You can do better than this, better than me
Just look a little farther, pray a little more
I know you're on your knees tonight
You're looking from the outside, like I used to
But now we've switched sides and I'm inside
I can see you looking at me, and I know
But I can't bring myself to let you know
So tell me, will you speak your mind
I want to know if you're going to keep running,
Keep searching, keep going and going
I want to know if I can change anything here
So even though my head says yes yes yes
My heart says no, no, I can't do this
And I knew I didn't need this, so why do you think
That it's what is right here, what is right to you
Why do we have differing views
On the same important things

No comments:

Post a Comment